Tuesday, February 19, 2013

iPhone development on Windows / Linux with HTML/CSS/JAVASCRIPT ETC. (+ SRH APPS)

Unfortunately, you need to use a jailbroken iDevice in order for this method to work, but still!  I think this is a very big accomplishment achieved by my very good friend Slugrail (his online name).

I have made a video tutorial for you guys  (link below) which will help you guide through the creation of your very first app! Again, I am disappointed that Apple does not support this by default but I am sure I will find a way to somehow work around having to go through this process.

Using SRH Script, you can actually implement any coding language you have experienced into the HTML files... This basically means that say you memorized JavaScript, then there is no telling what you can create with this app as it does support JavaScript/HTML5/CSS.

How exactly does this app gonna work?

Well the answer is easy and self explanatory. Since you are creating HTML files, the app will navigate to HTML files thus creating a UI of an app and producing real smooth pages that are easily coded. :)

Why doesn't Apple approve of this?

If you know JavaScript, you know that if your app is based on SRH and has JavaScript, you can create some scary apps that will mess your iDevice up, but then again the solution is to test the app and then forward it.

Of course, every single thing humans have ever built have gone through testing stages and a lot of painful failures and success. Nothing is accomplished perfectly without failures, this is one natural law in my eyes that tell us that "Perfection" does not exist. There are always bugs in anything made to the date. I am not stating a negative opinion or pointing you in a negative direction, but I am telling you that do not be disappointed if something you want to do doesn't work out the way you want it to.

Innovate my friends!

Questions will be answered, Apple will bow to this method... All will happen soon. Join the dark side Apple, you will see so many bright ideas that are brighter than the sun to erode away the darkness (aka viruses or bugs in iOS) ;) - ShakeSpear

GAWD I AM SUCH A POET.

Anyways, with hatred and love, enjoy the work of Slugrail and have fun!

LINKS TO RESOURCES:

jQuery Mobile Click demos and use the tags as shown in video.
SRH Apps site Click the "How to create an app"
YouTube video This will walk ya through on how to create an app.

5 comments:

  1. hello,
    first of all thank you for the tutorial with SRH.
    But I am not able to download the file from box.com. Bcoz, it is first redirect to adf.ly site, which is blocked in INDIA for some govt. issue. Can you send me the file by mail. It will be help-ful to me. I also tried to acccess bellow link-
    https://www.box.com/s/cf4204d39d6e3e94334b

    Which is not working. Kindly help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i cant download the SRH script runtime, can i have a copy? Thank you. my email is si_jimmy_po@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anyway you can upload the file to dropbox or google drives or some other way to download it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you very much for sharing these links. Will definitely check this out.. Read More

    ReplyDelete